Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Sister

One man with courage makes a majority.

Andrew Jackson
My sister is leaving to further her studies tomorrow. When she first told me the news that she got a place in Scotland, it kind of hit me rather hard. I am genuinely happy for her (I really am, Sis!) but at the same time it forces me to look inwards into myself.

She is leaving everything. Her job, her house, all her worldly possessions behind to go there. Venturing into the unknown where there is no such thing as not making it in order to create a better future for herself. Both our parents are gone, we have only ourselves to rely upon. I really admire her for that.

Her resolution kind of jolts me back into reality, forced me to take stock of my life, what I achieved so far. And it is not that encouraging. Hardly worth shouting about.

I just wonder, when the time comes for me to make the same life changing decision, will I be as brave?

No comments:

Work from Home