Friday, January 5, 2018

Journey with the Big C - Chapter 1

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
Oscar Wilde

This post is especially hard to write. Mainly because I have to retrace my steps...and my memory is not what it's used to be. But this story needed to be told. Maybe then I will learn to let go.

My journey with the big C started in 2012. It started when I felt a lump on my left breast. It was small, but I remembered my heart skipped a beat and a lump forming in my throat. Could it be? What did I do wrong? What didn't I do? All the whats and the whys circling round and round...

I remembered panicking because I didn't know who to turn to. I didn't know what to do. But strangely enough, throughout this journey, I never shed a single tear. The whole thing felt surreal, like it's happening to someone else, not to me. I felt like I was standing on the outside looking in.

I did what I do best. Research. I've always been a voracious reader. I began reading, anything and everything I could get. I wanted to know more. I wanted to know why.

End of Chapter 1.

Peace...😊

No comments:

Work from Home