Friday, August 6, 2010

Taking Things For Granted

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

Robin Williams, comedian
My voice went on vacation recently, rendering me temporarily voiceless. Not necessarily speechless, mind you. I discovered that when I lost my voice, I had a million and one things to say, but could not voice it out loud. So, I whispered and annoyed people (and myself!) in the process.
That's life, I guess. We only appreciate things after we lose it. We take things for granted, and only realised its value after they are gone.
I don't feel like writing longer because I'm on medication and cannot hold a coherent thought for long. But I leave you (and myself) with this thought; treasure each moment as if it is your last day on earth. Stop, pause, look around and see the beauty in things around us. It's worth it.
Until next time.

No comments:

Work from Home