Monday, July 19, 2010

Nut

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.

Marcus Aurelius
I'm a nut. A fussy nut. What do you mean, you ask. Let me illustrate. Whenever I opened a packet of anything, I must find a container for it's contents. I cannot abide seeing half open packets stored inside my cabinet. Eww!
Whenever I finished anything in my jar, sugar, for instance, the jar must be washed before fresh sugar can be stored in it. It just kills me seeing old sugar caking on the sides of the jar. Double eww!
Let's take a typical Sunday. I usually do my laundry once a week, which happens to fall on Sunday. Now, before doing my laundry, I will want to take a shower first, because I want to wash the nightclothes that I wore. Before taking a shower, I will want to clean the bathroom first because I cannot abide seeing dirty bathroom. Before all that, I will have to take the bedsheets off because I want to wash them. All in all, I will only manage to get my laundry started at 10 am.
It's the same thing whenever I want to cook. I will end up cleaning the kitchen and start cooking about an hour later. Man, am I fussy. I wonder how people put up with me.
Hehehehe. Till next time.

No comments:

Work from Home