Thursday, February 17, 2011

Catching Up

With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die.

Abraham Lincoln
How true. I have been extremely busy lately. I am serving two very demanding masters, each with his own idiosyncracies (sic!), demands and needs. My workload has doubled over the past two months, but truthfully, I don't mind it, really. I just have to be more efficient...so to speak.

To be fair, I must admit I have been treated quite lightly. My colleagues have been scrambling around, trying to catch up with their paperwork and hypocrite that I am, I have been feigning ignorance. I just KNOW that I will have to do them as well, but now, at his moment, I am going to try to put them off for as long as I can. At least until April anyway.

An acquaintance once asked me out for drinks after work. I asked myself after taking a raincheck, what does "after work" means? I don't have an "after work". I work all the time. My working days starts at 7 a.m and ends at 10 p.m. Any free time that I have left I will use them "wisely" (ahem!) .... for sleeping.

Well, busy as I am...I think my sister is ten times busier. My poor sister has to travel outstation at least three days a week, leaving her husband and children behind. Keep the faith, Sis! Which goes to show, as bad as we think our situation is, there are others who got the shorter end of the stick.

Sighhhh....until next time.
P/S: Abe Lincoln got it right...laughter is the best medicine...

No comments:

Work from Home