Thursday, March 22, 2012

Perseverence

In our quest for perfection, we sometimes forget that we are merely human.

Anonymous

This year I was forced to learn something new, out of necessity, not because I want to. I had to grasp a very alien concept, totally far removed from my comfort zone. I was sceptical at first and very sure I WILL NOT be able to follow through. I had to fight myself tooth and nail to finish it. To make matters worse, I had one peer who was as blind as I am, I knew nobody in this area, and had to plough on my own. That was hard. I learn one important lesson from all this, step out of my comfort zone to re-tune my way of thinking. I hope I'm a better person for it.

Learning something new is hard. Learning something totally alien is no mean feat. It requires tremendous mental strength and endurance to follow through. I think if it weren't necessary, that there weren't people depending on me, I would have abandoned it halfway through. Thank you God for giving me the strength, for opening my mind and my eyes to the wonders and joys of learning. I may gripe and complain, but deep down I am grateful and happy to be learning something new.

I still have a long way to go. I will persevere and God willing, I will succeed.

Until next time....

No comments:

Work from Home