Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catching Up on News

It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them—the character, the heart, generous qualities, progressive ideas.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1821 - 1881) Russian novelist


It's December already! New Year is looming, so's middle age! Eek!

I chose today's quote and picture without thinking, I don't know why. Normally I'd think before choosing, too carefully at times. This time, ah what the heck, let's just go with gut instinct.

I have plenty to say, yet I can say nothing. So many things happened this past month, so many events, occassions, I can hardly keep up. I have people around me, yet in a way, I'm more alone than ever. It's just me, I guess.

Okay, news. I started a new job, more pay, less work. Stress level is roughly about the same. I got a brand new nephew, cute as a button. Can't wait to see him again. My sister graduated with a Master's Degree and won second place at the Balmoral Competition for her dissertation. (Yaay! Congrats Sis!) My housemate moved back home and I gained a new housemate. Trashed my car (again!). The poor thing is suffering, somewhat badly this time around.

What else...hmm. Downloaded a LOT of games, played ALL of them! I can hardly believe it myself. (Am I an addict? I hope not) Saw my nephews and nieces during the holidays. Ate a LOT of food. Diet gone to hell. Took a looong break from work, went home, got back more depressed than ever. Watched old movies over and over and over. Drank gallons of coffee. Missed my family and my old friends.

I think old age is catching up.

1 comment:

singleton journal said...

Hey, indeed a LOT has happen since last year..Balmoral was a surprise, but am happy for it. Hoping for good things this year for all of us. 2008 gone pass so quickly its a shock!

Work from Home